ENCOR Announces New Director
ENCOR, is pleased to announce the hiring of Debbie Herbel as their new Director. Debbie will be replacing Bob Brinker who is retiring from ENCOR after 41 years of employment. Debbie has filled numerous roles and had many responsibilities throughout her 25 year career in the field of working with people with disabilities. These responsibilities include expanding school services for children with a diagnosis of Autism in Central Nebraska, starting the first Project Search program in Central Ne. to help youth develop employment skills, being instrumental in policy and assessment development and assisting to transition people from congregate intermediate care facilities to community based settings. Debbie said she receives satisfaction from seeing those she works with find their voice and by helping those most challenged reach their goals. When asked why she moved from Central Nebraska to Omaha to take the position with ENCOR, Debbie said “I am extremely honored to have been selected as the Director of ENCOR. To be associated with one of Nebraska’s most established and recognized providers is a wonderful opportunity and I look forward to a long future working with such a dedicated and caring organization.”
We invite you to explore this website to learn more about ENCOR and its remarkable history of serving individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities of all ages since 1968. ENCOR was the nation’s first comprehensive provider of community based services. We are managed by an experienced team of professionals who each have over 30 years experience in the field of developmental disabilities. Our mission is to support, encourage and empower people to lead lives of learning and fulfillment. We believe in these Core Values:
- Individuality – Each person is valued and respected as a unique individual with gifts to be discovered and nurtured.
- Integrity – Learning flourishes in an environment of honesty, trust and personal responsibility.
- Self Determination – Making informed choices about life decisions inspires people to live fully and pursue their dreams.
- Well Being – Every person wants and hopes to lead a life blessed with good health and fulfilling relationships.
- Community – All citizens deserve opportunities to actively participate in the life of their community.
ENCOR services are provided over a 5 county region in eastern Nebraska. Those counties include Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy and Washington. Services include:
- Day Services and Support
- Residential Services and Support
- Specialized Support Services
- Opportunities for business partnerships
- And so much more!
Contact us to arrange a tour, to inquire about services, to contract for production / recycling services, or to learn more about ENCOR. We look forward to hearing from you!